Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack has announced five appointments to the 15-member National Pork Board. The five appointees will serve three-year terms beginning July 1. They were chosen from among eight pork producers nominated and ranked by the National Pork Act Delegate Body during its annual meeting in March.
The appointees are:
- Everett L. Forkner, Richards, Mo. – Second term
- Julie A. Maschhoff, Carlyle, Ill.– First term
- Derrick D. Sleezer, Cherokee, Iowa – First term
- Wathina M. Luthi, Gage, Okla.– First term
- Steven R. Wuergler, Drain, Ore. – First term
Everett Forkner was recently elected vice president of the National Pork Board by his fellow board members. He is the owner and president of Forkner Farms Inc., which has 500 purebred sows and markets 8,000 hogs per year. He has sold hogs in 27 different countries. He also raises corn, soybeans and wheat on 2,000 acres.
Julie Maschhoff, along with her husband, brother-in-law and sister-in-law, is the owner of The Maschhoffs LLC, as well as its vice president of communications.… Continue reading