1) Recommendations will be made to The Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board (OLCSB) to take action on issues related to downer cattle and humane euthanasia using language consistent with the proposed ballot initiative.
2) The Ohio Department of Agriculture and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources will coordinate and take action on wild and dangerous animals including the prohibition of the sale and/or possession of big cats, bears, primates, large constricting and venomous snakes and alligators and crocodiles. Existing owners will be grandfathered in, but they could not breed or obtain new animals.
3) Recommendations will be made to the legislature to support and pass SB 95 largely in the current form, which regulates dog breeding kennels.
4) Recommendations will be made to the legislature to support and pass HB 108, which will increase penalties on individuals who engage in cockfighting.
5) Recommendations will be made to the OLCSB to adopt the American Veal Association 2007 agreement to transition to group housing for veal calves by 2017.… Continue reading