We have about 395 acres of corn left to go and 78 acres of beans. That acreage of beans isn’t much but it is four different farms and seven different fields and we’ll be taking the header on and off quite a bit to do that. It is slower running the corn now too. There is more corn down and wet conditions. We can only haul a couple of dumps on the grain cart so the combine is waiting for the grain cart some. You’re limited to where you can put the trucks and it all adds layers of challenges when you get wet conditions like this.
We are hoping we don’t get too much rain today and we don’t get snow on the corn. If we are lucky enough, we’ll be able to go Wednesday and maybe Thursday. We are hoping we don’t get snow because it is no fun to clean out the inside of a combine.… Continue reading