Job Title: Farrowing Technician
Company Name: Cooper Farms
Job Description: About Cooper Farms
Cooper Farms is a diversified farm and food company based in Northwest and West Central Ohio, an area rich in agricultural tradition. Born and raised in the area, the Cooper family has strengthened existing relationships and made new ones, deepening their roots and growing their father’s business.
Today, raising turkeys, hogs and laying hens is only half of the business. Vertical integration has allowed us to monitor quality throughout our processes, ensuring our customers are receiving the highest quality products possible. This includes taking a hands-on approach to overseeing the day-to-day care of our animals, as well as manufacturing the feed that keeps them healthy and strong.
Quality extends to our food processing plants, where all of our high-quality meats are produced and packaged. At Cooper Farms, our path to innovation is never ending and ever-changing. We are constantly striving to maintain a flexible business model to consistently meet our customer’s needs.
OBJECTIVE: To learn and perform all current practices and techniques to properly operate within the farrowing barn at a sow complex.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
– Animal care and welfare.
– Processing newborn piglets.
– Pressure washing.
– Removal and disposal of mortality and farrowing by-products.
– Maintain a designated feeding routine.
– Barn maintenance as needed.
– Team member participation.
– Maintain safe work habits & a positive safety attitude.
– Demonstrate quality workmanship in responsibilities.
– Perform related work as apparent or assigned.
– Maintain a cooperative attitude toward managers and other team members.
– Maintain an active interest in performance level.
In all areas described above, the individual should project a positive image, show a high level of responsibility, cooperate and communicate well with management staff, promote safety and the future growth of the company.
Education or Experience Requirements: Experience preferred but not required.
Deadline to Apply: 12/31/2020
Application Information: Apply online at cooperfarms.com/joinourteam
Contact Information: Cooper Farms – HR Office
10781 St. Rt. 66
Oakwood, Ohio 45873