The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) is seeking three individuals to serve as interns for the Ohio State Fair Land and Living Exhibit in 2019. The interns will assist OFBF in hiring and providing direction (with OFBF staff assistance) to State Fair ambassadors. All interns will be responsible for planning, executing and staffing the exhibit at the Ohio State Fair. This program provides the opportunity to interact with many leaders in Ohio agriculture and Ohio government.
In cooperation with the other interns:
● Assist OFBF staff with Land and Living exhibit design and implementation. Work in conjunction with exhibit partners, contractors and Ohio Exposition Commission staff on the development of exhibit budget, educational components, construction timeline, and actual exhibit design.
● Coordinate construction efforts with Ohio Exposition Center staff and contractors. Assignments of specific responsibilities will be assigned to team members.
● Coordinate staffing of Land and Living during the Ohio State Fair. Staffing includes OFBF staff, allied industry groups, and volunteers. Includes scheduling and training of staff and the development of a daily procedure manual.
● Coordinate media relations with OFBF and Ohio Expositions Center staff. In conjunction with the OFBF Communications Department, develop media packets. Develop plan to leverage the educational components of Land and Living via media contacts and placement.
● Assist OFBF staff in development and implementation of a youth agriculture education program designed to complement the Land and Living exhibit.
● Ensure OFBF, Our Ohio and Ohio agriculture background policies and goals are well represented in the exhibit. Serve as an ambassador for Ohio agriculture to fair attendees.
● Assist OFBF with planning and implementation of summer educational programs.
● Other duties as assigned.
● College sophomore standing or above
● Proven leadership
● Team player
Interns are expected to be at the Ohio State Fair for the duration July 24-Aug. 4, 2019
Please send cover letter and resume by Nov. 16, 2018 to
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Attn: Susan Gaughan
280 North High Street, 6th Floor Columbus OH 43215