Helping young people fight the opioid epidemic is the goal of Hope for Ohio, a project of Ohio Farm Bureau and other supporting organizations. The program works with 4-H and FFA members to encourage peer-to-peer prevention measures.
Five regional Hope for Ohio events will welcome youth, parents, advisers and others. At each event, speakers will share stories and information that will provide youth with tools needed to be prevention leaders in their communities.
The regional events are:
- Sept. 29: Beck’s research farm facility, London, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Oct. 20: Ohio Christian University, Circleville, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 3: FFA Camp Muskingum, Carrollton, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Nov. 10: Spencerville High School, Spencerville, Noon to 3 p.m.
- Nov. 17, Clermont County, time and location to be determined.
These regional events are a follow-up to last year’s statewide Hope for Ohio event held on the campus of Ohio State University and is one of several projects by Ohio and county Farm Bureaus to combat Ohio’s opioid crisis.
Ohio Farm Bureau is working with OSU Extension and Ohio FFA to encourage attendance.
Registration is not required but would be appreciated. For more information, or to register, email OFBF Policy Outreach Fellow Marissa Mulligan at [email protected].