A field day on Aug. 13 from 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Dean Farms, 2480 County Road 12C Bryan, Ohio, 43506 will showcase New Leader G5 variable dry rate nutrient applicator equipment with swath width control. The NL5000 G5 allows for pinpoint application accuracy with a spinner-spreader, targeting the right product to the right place without sacrificing productivity. Field pan tests will demonstrate the technology in action. In addition, Ohio State University experts will discuss the latest research informing phosphorus application rates and the new P-risk assessment tool. Host Allen Dean will round out the presentations with cover crop learning and demonstration plots.
- Marty Wolske, New Leader: New Broadcast Equipment Technology – A Practical Solution for Dry Nutrient Application
- Steve Culman, OSU: Tri-State recommendations update
- Libby Dayton, OSU: P risk-index tool
- John Schoenhals, Williams County Extension: Phosphorus Placement and Soil Interactions
- Allen Dean, Cover Crop Sales & Service
For questions, to RSVP and for more event information contact Karen Chapman, email@example.com, 740-739-1809.