See the Agronomic Crop Team’s calendar for more information: https://agcrops.osu.edu/events/calendar/.
- Manure Science Review on Wednesday, Aug. 2, 2017 at the Stoller Brothers & Sons farm in Paulding County. Learn how to use manure nutrients to improve crop yields and protect water quality, get the latest on regulations and staying safe, plus more. See field demonstrations on applying manure, subsurface tile drainage, and more. For program and registration details, https://ocamm.osu.edu/sites/ocamm/files/imce/Events/MSR_2017_FLYER.pdf.
- Southwest Ohio Corn Growers and Fayette County Agronomy Field Day – Fayette Co. August 15, 2017, 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. The event is free to attend at the Fayette County Farm, 2770 State Route 38 NE, Washington Court House, OH 43160. Contact: Ken Ford at 937 378-6716 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information see the website: fayette.osu.edu. Several speakers will be heard throughout the day including: keynote Speaker Sonny Perdue Secretary of Agriculture (yet to be confirmed), a follow-up for 2018 Farm Bill Listening Session, corn ear rot diagnostic demonstration, using on-farm research to make adaptive nitrogen decisions, cover crops for pollinators, and many other activities will be available throughout the day.
- A Crop Walk for looking at corn disease (Champaign County) is Aug 15, 2017, 5 p.m. Contact Amanda Douridas at 937 484-1526 or by email email@example.com. Join Pierce Paul as he identifies corn diseases and discusses management strategies. This event will take place in a corn field in Champaign County to be identified the week before. Leave your name and contact information with the Champaign County Extension Office to be notified when the location is set or in the event it is cancelled due to weather.
- Precision Ag Day: Nutrient Application (Champaign County) Aug 17, 2017, 8 a.m., cost is $5 and the location is Bauer Stoves and Fireplaces, 3548 OH-54, Urbana, OH 43078. Register by August 10. Contact Amanda Douridas at 937 484-1526 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn about the latest in nutrient management and application technology from the industry’s leading experts. Fertilizer certification will be offered to those who still need to complete the training.
- The Precision Ag Field Day is in Hardin County, Aug 23, 2017, from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The registration deadline is Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at http://go.osu.edu/hardinprecisionagday.This will be held at Kellogg Farms, 17392 Township Road 50, Forest, OH 45843. Presenters from Ohio State University Extension, USDA, ODA, Farm Bureau, and private industry will be on the program, which will offer 3 Hours of Fertilizer Applicator Certification Training credit. Certified Crop Adviser credits are also planned.