Four Ohio Soybean Council (OSC) Board of Trustees districts are up for election in 2017 and are currently accepting petitions. OSC Trustees serve one term of three years and may only serve three consecutive terms. Two incumbents currently filling the positions are term-limited and two are eligible to run again.
- Ashland, Ashtabula, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Huron, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Richland, Summit, and Trumbull Counties
- Jeff Magyar (incumbent) is eligible to run again
- Defiance, Paulding, and Van Wert Counties
- Terry McClure (incumbent) is not eligible to run again
- Crawford, Seneca, and Wyandot Counties
- Steve Reinhard (incumbent) is not eligible to run again
- Clark, Greene, and Madison Counties
- Charlie Troxell (incumbent) is eligible to run again
Candidates must have grown soybeans within the last three years in one of the counties listed above to be eligible. If interested, candidates must complete a petition which can be accessed on the OSC website at www.soyohio.org. All petitions must be mailed to the Ohio Department of Agriculture and postmarked by July 3, 2017.
For questions, contact Kirk Merritt, OSC executive director, at 614-476-3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.